Wednesday, January 28, 2009

No More Running

I ran like normal for the first three months, but not every day because of volleyball. I just listened to my body and I surprisingly felt good. Months 4 and 5, I would run once a week, swim, stationary bike, or elliptical other days. I have still continued lifting, but I have reduced the weights drastically.

This last week, Cohen has decided that his mother should not be running anymore. The weather was fairly nice, so I decided to go outside. I took off like Forest Gump, but of course at a snail's pace. I felt great. I had no idea how much I had missed running outside. Cohen and I made it somewhere between 1/4 and 1/2 mile when reality caught up with me. I felt like I had a medicine ball taped to my stomach. We ended up walking the curves and jogging the straights on a track. Thus, ending my running for a while. No big deal. We plan to get a jogging stroller and hope little one likes to bounce around.

3 comments:

  1. Love the name!!! Since I hardly get to see you, I think you should post another profile picture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the name! I agree; we want to see more pictures...come on, tomorrow is another snow day; get the camera out and ham it up a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We live 14 hours away! I need to see photos of your belly! :-)

    ReplyDelete