Monday, January 19, 2009

Shopping

I spent over two hours searching the internet for baby bedding. I did not see anything suitable. Cale and I were wanting to leave the walls a khaki color and use red, black and white for the baby room. We are happy with simple.

After searching the internet, Grandma Rena and I went to explore the world of baby products. We went to Target first. I felt extremely overwhelmed with all the products. There is so much stuff to look at. Every isle I would ask myself more than once..."What is this used for?" and "How do I know if we need this?". I simply gave up and wanted out of there.

We went to Toys R Us next. We tackled stupid strollers, argued over diaper bags, and fiddled around with other products. I was starting to feel better about things. Mom is very patient. I just needed to look around and get things straight in my head before I jump into any purchase. I get that from my mother and father.

Last stop was Baby News (I think). They had tons of bedding, but nothing red, black and white. I am thinking that I will just get random crib sheets within the color scheme with designs like stripes, polka-dots, etc. I saw some red bumper pads, and maybe I can find some fabric to make the crib skirt. Don't babies just kick off the blankets when they sleep or throw up on them??? Do things really have to match? I don't think our little one will care one bit as long as he is warm, fed, and clean. What does he care about his room? :)

5 comments:

  1. I remember those feelings. I would love to go through the aisles with you! I love to shop baby stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It can be over whelming but a lot of fun! Baby shopping is a blast! The covers are just for looks, but the square ones will save your life if used in a swaddle.
    The Greeks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!!!!! Love the blog!!! You are lucky that you have choices. Pooh was in when I had to choose Layne's baby bedding. I am so excited for you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well sounds like you have to find all the right pieces for your bedding!! Sounds like you did end up having some fun right? That is something that I love doing--shopping, so I can't imagine how it will be having a baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cohen won't care one bit about the colors. The baby's room just keeps Moms, Dads, friends, and relatives occupied while they nervously await the big day!

    ReplyDelete